A good friend of mine recently asked if I was interested in doing a book swap with her for our boys. This involves sharing five of our favorite books with her and she, in turn, finds five of her son’s favorite books and shares them with us.
From the book swap, we have found some great titles and have had lots of fun reading new-t0-us books, and the best part of it – it’s free!
Reasons why you should do a book swap
- Expose your child to new reading material
- It’s an inexpensive way to get access to new books
- Save yourself a trip to the library – visit a friend instead
- See how much your child likes a book before investing in it
- Get your child talking about books – ask your child which books are his/her favorite and why they a friend should read them
So find some book-loving friends and get swapping!